Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Want To Break Free

Queen are an awesome band, they are. Hands down. I love them. And the music is just so liberating. It can nail a feeling right on the head, sum up a moment, an emotion and an experience all in the space of a line or three minutes. Longer if you considered BR . . .

. . . Its been an up and down few days. I still want to quit my job. I do. I'm restless and I want an out. However, I also have that sensible part of me which knows that in the grand plan of life I'm looking at another six months here and then I am off. Outta here. Ciao. Farewell. So I know that to leave the security of a job for that short amount of time is silly. But I also have my principals which remind me that perhaps once I would have faught for my job, however now I do not. I've stopped telling people how brilliant it is to work for Vic Pol. I hadn't realised that till I started thinking about this whole thing on the way to work this morning. I've lost the desire and passion to work for an organisation which I once believed was on a par with my own.

Rebecca's visit came and went. It was a whirl of four days I have to admit. I've stopped to rest a little for the moment and realised how tired I was and how much I wish we could have done more. However, as insane as Saturday night was, it was good fun and I found a new place to drink and just be. No loud music, not a cool place and pretty relaxed. My kinda place.

Werribee Zoo on Sunday was great fun I have to admit. Its nice to know that in some ways the place hasn't changed since I was there about 10 years ago. Nice for the animals anyways. And I go to be very close to a girrafe which I thought was pretty awesome. Monday I worked (grrr) but Monday night we ate at the Pancake Parlour which was great, as we were sitting there the 369 song came on which means nothing to most people other than a slecet few who knew Doreen Henry at Pax. Totally brilliant moment it was!

Tuesday was just a day in the city, a little shopping, some eating and a good amount of walking. Found an awesome shop in Swanson Street which I didn't even know existed but will certainly be going back to. And today I am back at work again with dinner with Italian rellies this evening and a KOB show tomorrow night. This weekend I want to rest. To read, to write and to catch up on a bunch of things I've let slip. *sighs* It just seems to be one vicious cycle.

No comments: